- 1 box (400 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 count), softened as directed on box
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (4 large or 6 medium)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Coarse white decorating sugar
- 2 large blueberries
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Place 1 pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour and apple pie spice. Stir in apples and lemon juice. Spoon into crust-lined plate.
- Cut second pie crust into 11 (1-inch) strips. Arrange strips over filling to look like a mummy wrap. Press edges to seal. In small bowl, mix egg and water together. Brush egg mixture over crust; sprinkle with coarse decorating sugar. Place blueberries near centre for eyes.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or crust is golden brown and juices begin to bubble. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours.
- In addition to the whimsical top on this pie, you can add more interest by using 2 or 3 apple varieties in the filling.