- 2 packages Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 1 1/4 cups blackberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg, well beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Unroll two Pillsbury™ pie crusts. Slice rounds in half, then turn the curved edges facing each other, layer two vertically and two horizontally on a parchment-lined baking sheet to form a rectangle. Roll with a rolling pin until layers have mashed together.
- Repeat with second box of pie dough rounds, placing on a large piece of parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave jam until softened, about 30-45 seconds on high. Stir in frozen berries, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch.
- Score the rectangle of pie crust on the baking sheet into 2” x 2” squares. Spoon berry mixture into the centre of each square. Brush a small amount of egg on the scored lined of each square, and around the edges of the pie crust.
- Gently place second pie rectangle on top of the berry mixture. With your fingers, firmly press down between the seams of each square, pressing the top and bottom layers of pie dough together. Cut between each square with a pastry cutter or sharp knife.
- Cut a small “X” in the top of each pie square or use the tip of a small metal icing tip to create a star-shaped cut-out.
- Brush the tops of each square with egg, sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until pie squares are golden brown.
- Cool completely before serving. To serve, use a knife to cut through the lines, separating each square.