- 1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) slivered almonds
- 1/2 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened, cut into pieces
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) vanilla
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) almond extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) red raspberry jam
- 24 fresh raspberries
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) shortening
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. In food processor, place sugar and almonds. Cover; process about 30 seconds or until almonds are finely ground. Add cream cheese, vanilla, almond extract and egg yolk. Cover; process about 10 seconds or until well blended.
- On lightly floured surface, unroll dough into 1 large rectangle. With floured rolling pin or fingers, roll or press dough into 12x9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over dough rectangle. With pizza cutter or knife, cut rectangle lengthwise into 2 narrow rectangles. Starting with cut edge, roll up each narrow dough rectangle (filling will be soft). With serrated knife, cut each roll into 12 slices; place cut side up in muffin cups.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove rolls from oven. With handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each roll; spoon 1 teaspoon jam into each.
- Bake 2 to 4 minutes longer or until golden brown. Run knife around edge of each muffin cup to loosen. Remove rolls from cups; place on cooling racks.
- Place raspberry over jam on each roll. In 1-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 30 to 45 seconds, stirring once, until melted. Drizzle chocolate over warm rolls. Serve warm or cool. Store rolls in refrigerator.