- 2 packages Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 4 cups or 2 cans (540 mL each) pie filling, any variety
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Roll out a single pie crust onto a flat surface. Using a large cookie cutter or any circular lid, cut out a 4-inch circle of dough. Press each dough circle into the bottom of a muffin tin cup, leaving a tiny rim of dough sticking out at the top. Repeat with remaining dough to fill all 12 muffin cups.
- Fill each cup until nearly full, about 1/4 cup, with pie filling.
- Use the remaining dough to create a top crust to cover each pie. To make a lattice crust, use a knife or pizza cutter to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice. To make a standard crust, cut out a circle of dough just large enough to cover the top of the bottom crust. Cut a few small slits into the crust. Then using your fingers, gently press the top crust onto the bottom crust until they stick together and no gaps remain.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the tops of each pie with the whisked egg. Then bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until the crust is lightly golden and the filling begins to bubble.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes. Then very carefully with a knife, loosen the edges of each pie and gently lift out from the muffin tin. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.