- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp or medium Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 mini muffin pans with cooking spray. In 2- to 3-quart saucepan, heat evaporated milk, hot water, macaroni and salt to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender and liquid is almost gone. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted, then bacon. Add more salt to taste, if desired.
- Meanwhile, unroll crescent dough on work surface; create 4 rectangles by pressing diagonal seams together. Cut each rectangle in half the long way, then make 2 perpendicular cuts in each, creating a total of 24 smaller rectangles. Place 1 of the small rectangles in each muffin cup.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoonful of pasta mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until crescent bases are golden brown, lifting crescent base with fork if necessary to check color. Cool 5 minutes, then remove from muffin cups with fork.
- Stir, stir, stir! The one-pot pasta filling is a snap to make, but it requires attentive stirring.