- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1 cup milk
- 1 box (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough into 1 large rectangle on work surface. Press into 12x9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares.
- Gently press squares into 24 ungreased mini muffin cups (dough will not completely cover inside of cup; do not press too much). Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely in pans, about 10 minutes. Remove from pans.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat milk and pudding mix with wire whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Fill each cooled cup with about 1 tablespoon pudding mixture.
- Spoon 1/2 cup whipped topping into sandwich-size resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut tip from 1 bottom corner of bag; squeeze topping onto tarts, and sprinkle each with chocolate chips. Store in refrigerator.
- You can make the crescent tarts up to 6 hours ahead and fill them up to 4 hours before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.
- For creamy lemon tarts, try substituting lemon instant pudding and pie filling mix for the chocolate. Just omit the chocolate chips, and garnish with a little grated lemon peel.