- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1 large baking apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 8 tsp caramel flavoured topping
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Unroll crust on work surface. Roll crust out slightly; cut into 4 (5-inch) rounds. Place rounds on parchment lined cookie sheet
- In medium bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; toss apple slices into sugar mixture. Divide apple slices evenly onto centre of each pie crust round. Fold 1/2-inch of crust over filling, pinching slightly so that crust lays flat on apples.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples slices are tender. Drizzle 2 teaspoons caramel topping over each crostata. If desired, serve warm with ice cream.
- Soft dollops of whipped cream make an awesome topper with caramel topping too.