Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 14 hr 10 min
Mincemeat is a classic pie flavour that traditionally contains fruit, pecans, brandy and citrus zest. We’ve made it easy as ever to try your hand at this old-fashioned treat with a recipe that only requires 25 minutes of prep!
- 2 cups ready-to-use mincemeat (from a 700 mL jar)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 Gala apple, peeled, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried Calimyrna figs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 box (400 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 count), softened as directed on box
- In medium bowl, stir together mincemeat, pecans, apple, figs, brown sugar, brandy and lemon peel. Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Let pie filling stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch pie plate. Stir filling well; pour into crust-lined plate. Top with second crust and flute; cut slits in several places.
- Bake on lowest oven rack 40 to 45 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 5 hours.
- Give your pie a decorative flair by using a small cookie cutter or knife to cut shapes in the top pie crust.
- Swap lemon zest for orange zest for a twist on the citrus flavour in your filling.