Mexican Confetti Pinwheels
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 45 min
Nacho cheese dip provides a kick in a tender crescent appetizer.
- 1 can (235 g) Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Old El Paso™ Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Unroll dough and separate into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal.
- Spread salsa over each rectangle to within 1/4-inch (6 mm) of edges. Sprinkle with red pepper, onions and cheese.
- Starting with short side, roll up each rectangle; press edge to seal.
- With serrated knife, cut each roll into 6 slices; place cut side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
- Try not to overstuff your pinwheels as they may leak out from the pastry, resulting in a less than satisfactory presentation.