- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 can (354 mL) evaporated milk
- 1 bag (400 g) large marshmallows
- Heat oven to 375° F. On lightly floured surface, unroll crusts; stack on top of each other, and roll out to 19 x 14-inch rectangle. Transfer to ungreased 17 x 12-inch rimmed baking pan. Fold any overhanging crust under, even with edges of pan. Place in refrigerator.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until butter begins to turn a deep golden colour. Remove from heat; brush all over bottom of crust.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt and eggs with whisk until well blended. Beat in pumpkin; stir in evaporated milk. Pour into crust.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set and toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cut marshmallows in half; place cut sides down on top of filling. Use kitchen torch or oven broiler (on high) to toast marshmallows.
- Use sharp knife dipped into hot water to slice pie so marshmallows don’t stick to knife.
- Serve pie slices with fresh whipped cream or scoops of ice cream.