- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1/2 can (796 mL) pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) real maple syrup or maple-flavoured syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) cold butter or margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) packed brown sugar
- Chopped walnuts if desired
- Heat oven to 425ºF. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie. In large bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Pour into crust-lined pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix 1/4 cup brown sugar, the chopped walnuts and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF. Sprinkle streusel over pie. Cover crust edge with 2 to 3 inch-wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes longer or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Serve or refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, in medium bowl, beat whipping cream and 2 tablespoons brown sugar with electric mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Serve pie with whipped cream; garnish with chopped walnuts. Store in refrigerator.