- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) real maple syrup or maple-flavoured syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) pecan halves
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) shortening
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for one-crust filled pie.
- In medium bowl, beat sugar, butter, maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the eggs with hand beater until smooth. Stir in pecans. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate. Cover edge of pastry with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil for last 10 minutes of baking.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until set. Cool 15 minutes. In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening over low heat, stirring constantly; drizzle over top of pie. Serve pie warm or cool.