Luscious Lemon Cream Pie
Don't let the name fool you, this easy lemon cream pie may be luscious, but it's also simple to create! You only need 20 minutes of prep time and 5 ingredients, including a refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crust. This Luscious Lemon Cream Pie recipe uses condensed milk, grated lemon peel, fresh lemon juice and whipping cream to create a mild lemon flavour with indulgent creaminess. Enjoy creating this 5-star recipe for your family, and love every heavenly bite.
- 1 crust from 1 box (400 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 count)
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 to 3 medium lemons)
- 3 cups whipping cream, divided
- 4 drops yellow food color, if desired
- Heat oven to 450°F (230°C). Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix condensed milk, lemon peel and lemon juice; set aside. In large bowl, beat 2 cups of the whipping cream and the food colour with electric mixer on high speed until stiff.
- Fold lemon mixture into whipped cream just until blended. Spoon into crust. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours until set.
- In medium bowl, beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Spoon dollops on pie or slices of pie when serving. Store covered in refrigerator.
- You can use thawed frozen whipped topping in place of the whipping cream. Fold lemon mixture into 3 cups whipped topping, and serve additional whipped topping with the pie.
- You can change up the flavour to make a creamy lime pie if you use fresh limes instead of lemons.
- Top the pie with dollops of whipped cream and fresh raspberries, strawberries or blueberries.
- For even more lemon flavour, add up to 2 teaspoons more grated lemon peel to the filling, or fold lemon peel into the whipped cream topping.