Luscious Lemon Cream Pie
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 3 hr 35 min
Don't let the name fool you, this easy lemon cream pie may be luscious, but it's also simple to create! You only need 20 minutes of prep time and 5 ingredients, including a refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crust. This Luscious Lemon Cream Pie recipe uses condensed milk, grated lemon peel, fresh lemon juice and whipping cream to create a mild lemon flavour with indulgent creaminess. Enjoy creating this 5-star recipe for your family, and love every heavenly bite.
- 1 crust from 1 box (400 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 count)
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 to 3 medium lemons)
- 3 cups whipping cream, divided
- 4 drops yellow food color, if desired
- Heat oven to 450°F (230°C). Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix condensed milk, lemon peel and lemon juice; set aside. In large bowl, beat 2 cups of the whipping cream and the food colour with electric mixer on high speed until stiff.
- Fold lemon mixture into whipped cream just until blended. Spoon into crust. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours until set.
- In medium bowl, beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Spoon dollops on pie or slices of pie when serving. Store covered in refrigerator.
- You can use thawed frozen whipped topping in place of the whipping cream. Fold lemon mixture into 3 cups whipped topping, and serve additional whipped topping with the pie.
- You can change up the flavour to make a creamy lime pie if you use fresh limes instead of lemons.
- Top the pie with dollops of whipped cream and fresh raspberries, strawberries or blueberries.
- For even more lemon flavour, add up to 2 teaspoons more grated lemon peel to the filling, or fold lemon peel into the whipped cream topping.