Lemon-Layer Cream Cheese Pie
Lemon cream cheese pie is a cool treat for any season. Our Lemon-Layer Cream Cheese Pie is made with Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crust and a light and fluffy filling. The first layer of the lemon cheesecake pie is a cream cheese mixture on top of the pie crust. Then, a bright, lemony mixture is spread evenly over it. Before you dig into this layered lemon pie top it with whipped cream!
- 1 crust from 1 box (400 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 count), softened as directed on box
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 package (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie.
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). In 2-quart saucepan, mix 2/3 cup sugar and the cornstarch. Gradually stir in cold water until blended. In small bowl, beat egg yolks slightly with fork. Stir yolks into sugar mixture in saucepan. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice and butter until well blended.
- In small bowl with electric mixer, beat 1/3 cup sugar and the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Beat in egg until well blended. Spoon and spread cream cheese mixture in crust-lined pan. Spoon lemon mixture evenly over cream cheese layer; spread carefully to cover.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown (centre will not be set). Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 1/2 hours. Serve topped with whipped cream. Store in refrigerator.
- 1 medium lemon yields about 3 tablespoons juice and 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel.
- To quickly soften cream cheese, remove from wrapper, and place on microwaveable plate; microwave uncovered on High about 15 seconds or just until softened.
- For best results chill bowl and beaters in freezer or refrigerator for 10 to 20 minutes before beating whipping cream.