Lemon-Cream Cheese Crescent Danish
No need to take a trip to the bakery when you can make these delectable lemon- and cream cheese-filled Danish right at home! Using just a handful of ingredients—including sweet-tart lemon curd, sweetened cream cheese and buttery Pillsbury™ Crescents—you can have a special, fresh-baked breakfast with your family any time you want.
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 1/3 cup cream cheese spread (from 227 g container)
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 8 teaspoons lemon curd
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Remove dough from can; do not unroll. Using serrated knife, cut dough into 8 slices. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Press each slice into 3-inch round, leaving ridge around outer edge.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese spread and 3 tablespoons icing sugar. Spoon about 2 teaspoons cream cheese mixture on centre of each dough round; spread slightly. Top each with 1 teaspoon lemon curd.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to serving plate.
- In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup icing sugar with enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over Danish. Serve warm.
- Remaining lemon curd can be used for filling pastry or filo cups; serve over prepared pound cake or as a filling in white or yellow cupcakes.
- To really change up the flavour, omit lemon curd, and sprinkle cream cheese with mini chocolate chips. You can leave them unglazed if you like.
- Swap glaze for a dusting of icing sugar on top of each Danish, if desired.