- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 cup (250) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream, whipped, sweetened
- Lime slices
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 15 minutes.
- In 1-quart saucepan, sprinkle gelatin on lime juice. Let stand 5 minutes to soften. Using wire whisk, beat in sugar and eggs. Heat mixture to boiling over medium heat. Reduce heat; boil gently 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Pour in hot lime juice mixture; beat until smooth and well blended. Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until cool, stirring occasionally.
- In medium bowl, beat 1 cup whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in cooled lime juice mixture and grated lime peel. Spoon into cooled pie shell. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and lime slices as desired. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.