- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter or margarine
- 4 cups (1 L) thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt & pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each garlic powder, dried basil & oregano
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon or prepared mustard
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In large frypan, cook zucchini and onion in butter for 10 minutes, or until tender. Combine cheese, eggs, parsley and seasonings until well blended. Stir into vegetable mixture.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles. Place triangles in 9-inch (23 cm) pie pan or quiche dish, pressing together to form a crust. Seal perforations. Spread crust with mustard.
- Pour vegetable mixture evenly into crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling sets.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges to serve.
- Add richness and flavour by crumbling feta or goat cheese into the pie.