- 1 lb (500 g) ground bulk Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line two 15x10x1-inch pans with cooking parchment paper; spray with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix sausage, basil, pepper flakes and mozzarella cheese until well blended.
- Unroll dough on work surface. Firmly press perforations to seal. Sprinkle each side with 1 tablespoon flour. Using pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into about 1/4-inch pieces. Mix crescent dough pieces into bowl of sausage mixture in small amounts until well blended.
- Shape sausage mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls; place on pans. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make sure to evenly mix the dough into the sausage mixture.
- Serve with warm marinara or Alfredo sauce.