Instant Pot® Chicken Pot Pie
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min
Chicken pot pie doesn’t have to involve hours of prep and flour all over your counters. Try our easy Instant Pot® version instead with quick and easy Pillsbury™ pie crust cut into rounds.
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced peeled russet potatoes
- 1 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line large baking sheet with cooking parchment paper. Spray 6-quart Instant Pot® insert with cooking spray. In medium bowl, toss chicken pieces with salt and poultry seasoning. Select SAUTE; adjust to normal. Melt butter in insert. Add chicken; cook 3 to 4 minutes without moving, until browned on first side, then turn and cook 2 to 4 minutes or until chicken is browned on second side. Select CANCEL.
- Stir in broth, potatoes and frozen mixed vegetables. Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 2 minutes. Select CANCEL. Set pressure valve to VENTING to quick-release pressure.
- In small bowl, beat cornstarch and water with whisk. Select SAUTE, and adjust to normal; heat liquid to simmering. Beat in cornstarch mixture; cook 30 to 60 seconds, beating frequently with whisk, until thickened. Select CANCEL.
- Meanwhile, unroll crust on work surface. With 2 1/2-inch round cutter, cut 16 rounds from crust, rerolling once; discard scraps. Place pie crust rounds on baking sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Immediately remove from baking sheet to cooling rack.
- Spoon chicken mixture into bowls. Top with pie crust rounds.
- For a pretty pop of green on top, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley leaves.
- For best browning, pat chicken pieces dry before tossing with salt and poultry seasoning.