- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts
Lemon Curd Filling
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter, softened
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp grated lime peel
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) whipping cream
- Whipped cream
- Strips of lime peel
- Heat oven to 450°F (230° C). Cut four 4-inch (10 cm) rounds from crust. Press each crust into 4-inch (10 cm) tart pan; prick bottom with fork. Bake for 5 to 9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes or until complete cooled.
- Lemon Curd Filling: Meanwhile, in small sauce pan combine granulated sugar, butter, lemon and lime peel, lemon juice and egg yolk until well blended. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Cool.
- Cream Cheese Filling: Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine cream cheese, icing sugar and whipping cream; beat until smooth. Divide evenly into cooled tarts.
- Spoon cooled lemon curd evenly on top of cream cheese in shells to within 1/4 inch (6 mm) of edges. Garnish with whipped cream and lime peel strips.
- The tart crusts can be made ahead. Assemble and bake the crusts, then cool them. Wrap them tightly and freeze them for up to one week.