- 2 cans (8 count each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 8 eggs
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from can of chipotle chiles)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 8 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Roll edges of each rectangle toward centre, forming 3 1/2-inch-diameter oval with 1/2-inch rim; press rim firmly to seal. Arrange ovals in baking dish. Carefully break 1 egg in centre of each oval.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until egg whites and yolks are firm and dough is deep golden brown.
- In blender or food processor, place tomatoes, chipotle chile and adobo sauce. Cover; blend until almost smooth. Pour mixture into 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- To serve, place 1 crescent egg on each plate. Top with tomato mixture and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add extra flavour by topping the baked eggs with crumbled cotija (white Mexican) cheese or feta cheese.