Hot Chocolate Bars
Craving hot cocoa in cookie bar form? Us, too! That's why we love these Hot Chocolate Layer Bars, which come together with just five ingredients and 20 minutes prep. Start with a layer of Pillsbury™ Chocolatey Chip Cookie Dough and cocoa powder, top with a rich chocolate ganache and mini marshmallows, and dig into a decadent cookie bar that tastes even better when served with—what else?—hot chocolate.
- 1 roll (468 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Chocolatey Chip Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 8-inch square pan with foil, extending over edges.
- In medium bowl, break up cookie dough. Add baking cocoa; mix with spoon, or knead with hands until well blended (dough will be stiff). Press evenly in bottom of pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are set (do not overbake). Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- In medium microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and whipping cream uncovered on High 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Spread chocolate mixture evenly over cooled cookie base. Sprinkle with miniature marshmallows, slightly pressing into chocolate.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. For bars, cut into 4 rows by 3 rows; cut each bar in half diagonally for a total of 24 triangular bars. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Line the pan with foil to remove and cut bars more easily.
- Use a sharp, clean knife to cut into bars.
- Store bars covered in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on top of bars after baking for a wintertime treat.