Holiday Breakfast Bake
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 50 min
Decorate your holiday table with a fabulous brunch casserole, merrily decked with red and green peppers plus sausage, onions, Cheddar cheese and a perfect no-fuss crust.
- 1 pkg (12 oz) bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped red pepper
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Country Biscuits
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In large skillet, brown sausage, onion and peppers; drain well.
- In large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in cheese and sausage mixture. Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Press biscuits into bottom of baking dish. Pour sausage mixture over biscuit crust.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until egg mixture is set and crust is deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
- A platter of mixed fresh fruits of the season is the perfect go-with for this hearty breakfast dish.