- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chive-and-onion cream cheese spread (from 227 g container)
- 2 cans (8 count each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets thawed, finely chopped and patted dry with paper towel
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- Fresh rosemary, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Cook bacon as desired until crisp. Drain on paper towel; crumble bacon and set aside.
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles. On ungreased large baking sheet, arrange triangles with shortest sides toward centre, overlapping in wreath shape and leaving 4-inch round circle open in centre (see diagram). Crescent dough points may overlap edge of baking sheet. Press overlapping dough to flatten.
- Spread cream cheese spread on dough to within 1 inch of points. In small bowl, mix crumbled bacon, broccoli and bell pepper; spoon onto widest part of dough. Pull end points of triangles over broccoli mixture and tuck under dough to form ring (filling will be visible). Carefully brush dough with beaten egg; sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. With broad spatula, carefully loosen wreath from baking sheet; slide onto serving platter. Garnish with fresh rosemary. Serve warm. Store in refrigerator.
- Keep the crescent dough refrigerated until you are ready to work with it. Chilled dough is much easier to work with than dough warmed to room temperature.