- 1 box (300 g) frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1/3 cup garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded 5-cheese or 6-cheese Italian cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano or regular Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot or onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, if desired
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 24 paper-thin slices (about 4 inch diametre) smoked ham*
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except dough, ham and Parmesan cheese until well blended. Set aside.
- Unroll dough. Separate dough into 4 rectangles; press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle into 6 (2-inch) squares. Press 1 square in bottom and up side of each of 24 ungreased mini muffin cups.
- Pat each ham slice dry with paper towel. Place 1 ham slice over dough in each cup (edges of ham will be higher than side of cup.) Spoon rounded 1 teaspoon spinach mixture onto ham in centre of each cup.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is hot. To prevent excessive browning of ham, cover lightly with foil after first 5 minutes of baking. Cool in pan 1 minute. Gently remove from pan; let stand 3 minutes. Sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese before serving. Serve warm.
- *For recipe success, whole paper-thin slices (about 4 inch diametre) of smoked ham (not shaved ham) are needed so slices can be easily formed into the dough-lined cups.