- 1 box (400 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 count), softened as directed on box
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups beef gravy (from two 284 mL cans)
- Heat oven to 450°F (230°C). Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie, using 9-inch glass pie plate. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic salt and pepper over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir cornstarch into beef mixture until mixed. Stir in potatoes, carrots and gravy. Cook 5 to 6 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until hot. Spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust; cover edge of crust with foil.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Use your own blend of seasoning spices, if you desire. For example, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning or grilling herbs work well to flavour meat and potato dishes like this one.
- To shorten prep time even more, make the filling ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until time to assemble and bake.