Grilled Tandoori Vegetarian Flatbread
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 50 min
No one is going to miss the meat in this vegetarian flatbread – thanks to the satisfying and flavourful roasted vegetables tossed with warm tandoori spices and yummy feta cheese.
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 baby eggplant, cubed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) paprika
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pizza Crust
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) pizza sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach, sautéed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In bowl, toss together red pepper, onion, zucchini and eggplant. Reserve 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil. In small bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil, paprika, salt, garlic powder, nutmeg, ginger, coriander, cloves and cumin. Drizzle over vegetables, tossing to coat well. Roast for 13 to 15 minutes or until tender-crisp; let cool slightly.
- Spray 18- x 12-inch (45 x 30 cm) sheet of heavy-duty foil with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll dough; place on foil. Starting at center, press out dough with hands to form 13- x 9-inch (33 x 22 cm) rectangle; brush with reserved olive oil.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Grill pizza crust, turning once, for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove from grill. Top pizza crust with sauce, roasted vegetables, spinach and feta cheese.
- Return pizza to grill. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes or until crust is browned and thoroughly cooked, and cheese is melted. Carefully slide onto wooden board. Let stand for 2 minutes. Drizzle with yogurt and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Add browned ground lamb for a meaty version.
- Double the roasted vegetables and save the leftovers to enjoy as a side dish with grilled meats or to top a grain bowl.