- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 3 slices (0.8 oz each) deli sliced American cheese, cut in half
- 3 Cheddar cheese sticks (0.75 oz each), unwrapped and cut in half crosswise
- Your favorite tomato soup, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter and garlic powder uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in bread crumbs; transfer to pie plate or shallow dish.
- Unroll crescent dough on work surface, pressing all perforations and seams together and shaping into 12x8-inch rectangle. With pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut dough sheet into 6 squares, 4x4 inches each.
- Place 1 cheese slice half and 1 cheese stick half onto 1 end of each square near centre. For each roll-up, roll side with cheese, rolling to opposite side, and pinching seam to secure. Continue for remaining roll-ups.
- Roll dough sticks into bread crumbs; place seam side down on cookie sheet. With sharp knife, pierce top of each dough stick 3 times. Bake 15 to 19 minutes or until dough is golden brown and baked through. Serve warm with tomato soup.
- Piercing the top of dough before baking will help steam escape during baking. Some of the cheese may melt outside of the ends of the grilled cheese dippers, but lining your pan with parchment will make for easy clean-up.
- Cheese sticks come in many varieties. Feel free to switch out the Cheddar sticks with pepper Jack or Colby Jack sticks.