Greek-Style Meatball Bites
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 50 min
Perfectly seasoned meatballs bake in pizza dough cups. Top these appetizers in a snap with a purchased Greek sauce.
- 1 box (300 g) frozen chopped spinach
- 3/4 lb (375 g) ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pizza Crust
- 1/3 cup tzatziki sauce
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 36 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Microwave frozen spinach as directed on box 3 to 4 minutes to thaw. Drain well; squeeze dry with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix lamb, Italian seasoning, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add spinach and feta cheese; mix with spoon or hands until well blended.
- Lightly sprinkle work surface with all-purpose flour. Unroll dough onto floured surface. Cut in half crosswise; press or roll each half to 10x8-inch rectangle. Using 2-inch round cutter, cut 18 rounds from each dough rectangle. Press 1 dough round in bottom and up side of each muffin cup. Scoop or spoon 1 tablespoon lamb mixture into each cup; press in lightly.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown, lamb is no longer pink in centre and meat thermometer inserted in centre reads 160°F. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Top each cup with 1/2 teaspoonful tzatziki sauce. Serve warm.