- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) light corn syrup
- 1 1/4 tsp (6 mL) vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) pecan halves
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F. Prepare pie crust according to package directions for One Crust Pie using 9" (23 cm) pie plate.
- In large bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, salt, corn syrup, vanilla and eggs until well blended. Stir in pecans and butter. Pour into crust lined pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until filling is puffed and pie is golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Store in refrigerator.
- ORANGE PECAN PIE: Add 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated orange peel to filling. If desired, garnish with candied orange peel