Fresh Strawberry Tarts
Prep Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
The tart shells are made with an inverted muffin pan. Pie crust rounds are draped over the inverted cups and baked. Then, just fill and enjoy!
- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) sugar
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) strawberry glaze
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) hot fudge ice cream topping, heated
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- Heat oven to 450°F. Remove pie crust from pouch; place flat on work surface. Sprinkle sugar over crust; press in lightly. Cut 6 rounds from crust with 4-inch round cutter or trace 6 rounds with top of large plastic glass and cut out with sharp knife (piece scraps slightly for 6th round).
- Spray back of muffin pan with cooking spray. Fit rounds, sugared side up, alternately over backs of muffin cups. Pinch 5 equally spaced pleats around side of each cup. Prick each pastry generously with fork.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes. Carefully remove from muffin cups. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, gently mix strawberries and glaze. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, spoon 1 tablespoon fudge topping into each shell. Spoon about 1/3 cup berry mixture into each shell. Garnish each with whipped topping.