- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 4 cups (1 L) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lemon peel
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Make 1 pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell. Set aside. Roll out second pie crust and use a cookie cutter to cut decorative shapes for the top of the pie. Bake 7 minutes; set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Mix well. Gradually stir in water. Cook and stir over medium heat until clear, about 10 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups of the blueberries. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook until berries come back to a boil, about 10 minutes. Add cinnamon, lemon juice and lemon peel. Stir. Add remaining blueberries. Stir. Pour into cooled, baked pie shell.
- Add decorative pie crust shapes to top of pie. Let pie stand until set, about 3 hours.
- Frozen blueberries, thawed and well drained, can be substituted for fresh blueberries.