- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) water
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) almond extract
- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced almonds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) coarse sugar
- Heat oven to 400ºF. In large bowl, mix blueberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, water and almond extract.
- Remove crust from pouch; unroll on ungreased baking sheet. Spread 1/4 cup of the almonds over crust; press lightly into crust.
- Spoon blueberry mixture onto centre of crust to within 2 inches of edge of crust. Fold 2-inch edge of crust over blueberry mixture, crimping crust slightly. Sprinkle crust edge with coarse sugar.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, sprinkling remaining 1/4 cup almonds over blueberry mixture during last 5 minutes of baking, until crust is golden. Cool slightly.