French Onion Flatbread
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
Make this flatbread for a cozy night in, or as a quick and easy appetizer!. Recipe by Half Baked Harvest.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pizza Crust
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar or Gruyere cheese, shredded
- Fresh thyme, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add butter. Add onions and brown sugar and cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until softened. Slowly add Worcestershire sauce and let it cook into the onions. Continue cooking the onions until caramelized to your liking.
- Unroll the pizza dough and roll it out as thin as you can on a piece of parchment paper. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet. Spread the dough with the onions. Add the cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the flatbread is crisp and the cheese has melted. Top with fresh thyme.
- Try adding mushrooms in with the onions for extra veggies and great flavour!