Fig and Blue Cheese Appetizer Tarts
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 60 min
Pillsbury™ Grands!™ crescent rolls make easy work of these party appetizers filled with a delicious fig-orange mixture.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) light cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 can (4 count) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated Crescents
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped Mission figs (about 1 lb)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350ºF. In small bowl, mix cream cheese and blue cheese with fork until well blended; set aside.
- In 1-quart saucepan, stir marmalade and vinegar over low heat until mixed; stir in figs. Cook over low heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until figs are softened. Remove from heat.
- Remove crescent dough from package, but do not unroll. Cut roll of dough into 16 slices. On 2 ungreased baking sheets, place slices 2 inches apart. Press centre of each slice to make indentation, 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon cheese mixture into each well. Top cheese with about 1 tablespoon fig mixture and 1 1/2 teaspoon pecans.
- Bake 15 to 19 minutes or golden brown. Remove from baking sheets to cooling rack; cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.