Everything Bagel Quiche
We love everything about this quiche recipe (get it?)—and we have a hunch you will, too! Everything bagel seasoning is rolled into Pillsbury™ pie crust and filled with a bagel-inspired mixture of eggs, cheese, bacon, cream cheese and tomatoes. Every bite tastes like your favourite everything bagel in quiche form, and we just can't get enough.
- 1 crust from 1 box (400 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 count), softened as directed on box
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- 125 g (half of 250 g package) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 slices fully cooked bacon, heated, coarsely chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped plum (Roma) tomato (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Unroll pie crust; sprinkle 1 side evenly with everything bagel seasoning. With rolling pin, roll seasoning into crust. Place pie crust, seasoning side up, in ungreased 9-inch pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie. Do Not Prick Crust. Bake 10 minutes (if crust puffs up in centre after baking, gently push down with bottom of metal measuring cup). Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs and half-and-half until well blended; set aside. Layer bacon, tomato, green onions and mozzarella cheese in crust-lined pie plate. Pour egg mixture evenly over cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Everything bagel seasoning can be found in most grocery stores in the spice aisle.
- Want to make your own everything bagel seasoning? Mix together 3 tbsp sesame seed, 2 tbsp dried minced onion, 2 tbsp dried minced garlic, 1 tbsp poppy seed and 1 tbsp kosher salt. Store in a jar tightly covered.
- To prevent lumps in filling, it is important that the cream cheese be very soft when beating into eggs.
- Serve slices topped with chopped chives, chopped tomatoes or sliced green onions.