Everything Bagel Crescent Dogs
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
Everything bagel fans, rejoice! This amazing twist on classic crescent dogs has ingredients reminiscent of your favourite bagel, including a chive & onion cream cheese spread and everything bagel spice topping.
- 1/2 cup chive & onion cream cheese spread (from 227 g container)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 8 hot dogs
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). In small bowl, mix cream cheese spread and garlic powder. In another bowl, mix sesame seed, poppy seed and dried onions; pour onto medium-size plate.
- Separate dough into rectangles; press perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle in half to make eight 3 1/2-inch squares of dough.
- Spread each dough square with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture, to within 1/4 inch of edges of dough.
- Place hot dog on each square of dough; roll up. Pinch edges to seal. Gently roll top half of hot dog in sesame seed mixture to coat evenly.
- Place seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can purchase prepared bagel spice mixture at some stores to substitute for the sesame seed, poppy seed and minced onions in the recipe (use 1/4 cup spice mixture).
- If you don’t have cream cheese spread, you can use softened cream cheese.