Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 4 hr 50 min
We turned the classic, cream-filled French pastry into an oh-so-easy bar! With a flaky crescent base, a layer of silky vanilla pudding and a topping of rich chocolate ganache, this is a special dessert that’s guaranteed to impress.
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 2 boxes (4 serving size each) Jell-O™ vanilla-flavour instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 3 cups cold half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Unroll crescent dough and seal perforations; press in bottom of pan. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown and baked through. Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool 20 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat dry pudding mixes and half-and-half with whisk about 2 minutes or until thick. Spread over cooled bar base.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and whipping cream uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Carefully spread mixture on top of pudding layer. Refrigerate about 4 hours or until cooled completely.
- When ready to serve, using a sharp knife and up-and-down sawing motion for cleaner cuts, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
- For best results, use a sharp knife, and cut in a sawing motion, cleaning knife blade as needed.
- Try dark chocolate chips instead of semisweet chips for even more decadence!