Easy Gingerbread Cookies
These gingerbread cookie cutouts live up to their name: by using refrigerated sugar cookie dough to make them easier (and tastier) than ever! By adding rich, gooey molasses and warm holiday spices, these cookies transform into adorable little gingerbread men that are perfect for decorating with little hands.
- 1 roll (468 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough
- 3 tablespoons fancy molasses
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In large bowl, crumble cookie dough; stir in molasses. Add remaining ingredients; mix thoroughly with hands.(DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH AFTER COMBINING WITH FLOUR.)
- Divide dough in half; form into 2 disks, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). On floured surface, roll 1 dough disk 1/4 inch thick. Cut with floured 2 1/2- to 3-inch gingerbread boy or girl cookie cutters. On ungreased cookie sheet, place cutouts 2 inches apart. Repeat for remaining dough, rerolling scraps as necessary.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set and light golden brown around edges. Cool on cookie sheet 3 minutes; remove to cooling rack to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Have fun customizing your gingerbread cutouts with cookie icing, candy sprinkles or candy.
- Gingerbread dough works best for cutouts when chilled. Work quickly, and add flour as necessary when rolling dough.
- To Freeze: Make and bake cookies as directed in recipe. Cool completely. Do not decorate. Place undecorated cookies in airtight container in single layer between parchment or waxed paper; cover tightly. Freeze up to 2 months. To thaw, let stand uncovered at room temperature 1 to 2 hours. Decorate as desired.