Easy Fruit Pizza
If there's a more impressive dessert that requires so little effort, we don't know what it is! The time-saving secret behind this beautiful fruit pizza is a crust made from refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough, and the wow factor comes from the rainbow of fresh fruit.
- 1 roll (468 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 package (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup halved or quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Break up cookie dough in pan; press dough evenly in bottom of pan to within 1/2 inch of edge. Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Spread mixture over cooled crust.
- Arrange fruit over cream cheese. Stir jelly until smooth; spoon or brush over fruit. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. To serve, cut into wedges or squares. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pizza.
- Like other refrigerated doughs, cookie dough is easier to work with when cold. This cookie crust is an easy do-ahead; bake it up, cool completely and store covered at room temperature for up to 1 day. Continue as directed in recipe.
- Stir 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest into the cream cheese filling; the tart citrusy edge contrasts with its richness and plays well with the fruit.
- For easier cleanup and removal, we recommend lining the pan with cooking parchment paper. Cut 14-inch round from cooking parchment paper. Line 12-inch pizza pan with cooking parchment paper round, leaving some to hang over edge of pan. Hold the cooking parchment paper in place by adding a dab of shortening or softened butter on pan before placing the parchment. Do not spray or grease cooking parchment paper. Press dough 1/2 inch from edge of lined pan. Bake as directed on recipe.