- 1/2 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) boiling water
- 1 pkg (4-serving size) strawberry-flavoured gelatin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whipping cream
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) icing sugar
- 2 cups (500 mL) strawberries, slightly crushed
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Strawberry halves, if desired
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Bake pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked shell, using 9-inch glass pie plate or 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Cool on cooling rack 15 minutes.
- In large bowl, pour boiling water over gelatin; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in lime peel and lime juice. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until very thick but not set.
- Beat gelatin mixture with electric mixer on high speed about 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until thick and fluffy; set aside. In chilled large bowl, beat whipping cream and icing sugar on high speed until stiff. Gently stir whipped cream and crushed strawberries into gelatin mixture. Pour into crust. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until set. Garnish with whipped cream and strawberry halves. Store in refrigerator.
- Spectacular garnishes will make this dessert even more irresistible. Try lime slices or another green fruit, such as kiwi.
- Freshly squeezed lime juice is truly worth the effort! Purchased lime juice just doesn't enhance the fresh berry flavor as well.