Easy Crescent Taco Bake
We just love this easy five-ingredient taco casserole recipe. Fill a buttery crescent roll crust with your favourite taco fixings, then prepare to join the clean plate club. Top with shredded lettuce and tomato for an even more authentic taco experience.
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Old El Paso™ Thick N’ Chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 35 g package)
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. Place in ungreased 9-inch square pan or 10-inch pie plate; press over bottom and up sides to form crust.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in salsa and taco seasoning mix; simmer 5 minutes. Spoon meat mixture in crust-lined pan; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese is melted. Served topped with lettuce and tomato, if desired.
- Pile on your favourite toppings! Try shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, additional salsa, sour cream and avocado slices.
- A 127 mL can of Old El Paso™ chopped green chilies can be added to the meat mixture.