- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 lbs (625 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 3/4 cups marinara sauce with Italian herbs
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12x8-inch (2-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook and stir 6 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink in centre. Remove chicken from skillet; add to baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- In glass measuring cup, microwave marinara sauce covered on High 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Pour marinara sauce on top of cheese layer, spreading to cover cheese layer.
- Remove dough from can in 2 rolled sections; do not unroll dough. Cut each roll into 4 slices; cut each slice into quarters.
- Add Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs to 1-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag; add crescent pieces. Seal, and shake to coat. Arrange crescent pieces on top of chicken mixture; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and bread crumbs.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crescents are deep golden brown and completely baked through.
- Use your favorite variety of marinara sauce to customize this dish.
- Serve with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.