Easy Caramel Apple Tart
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
What's better than a 5-ingredient dessert ready in less than 30 minutes? This crescent tart is topped with caramelly dulce de leche and apples, and then, just to take it over the top, we added a drizzle of even more dulce de leche.
- 1 can (8 count) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Original Crescents
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups sliced peeled apples (3 medium)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (from 300 mL can) dulce de leche (caramelized sweetened condensed milk)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Unroll crescent rolls onto baking sheet and, press seams together. Press into 12x9-inch rectangle. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook butter, apples and sugar over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until apples are just tender.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the dulce de leche onto warm crescent crust, leaving 1/2-inch border; carefully arrange cooked apples in single layer over top. In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1/4 cup dulce de leche uncovered on High 10 to 20 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Using fork, drizzle over apples. Serve warm.
- Dulce de leche is similar to sweetened condensed milk, but it has been caramelized and is much thicker and is caramel in colour. It can be found in the grocery store near the sweetened condensed milk.
- Honeycrisp apples were used in this recipe; choose your favourite baking apple, such as McIntosh, Braeburn or Granny Smith.