Easter Bunny Cookies
Prep Time: 1 hr 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
This Easter treat your guests with these bunny cookies that are made using refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough - a creative holiday dessert.
- 1 roll (468 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 28 Rolo® chewy caramels in milk chocolate (from 12-oz/340 g bag), unwrapped
- 1 cup creamy white ready-to-spread frosting
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 large marshmallows
- Heart-shaped candy sprinkles
- 28 pastel-coloured miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour until well blended; dough will be stiff. (DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH AFTER COMBINING WITH FLOUR.) For each rounded tablespoonful of dough, place 1 caramel in centre, forming dough into ball around caramel. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on High about 10 seconds or until of dipping consistency. Dip each cookie ball into frosting. Sprinkle with coconut; place on cooking parchment paper.
- To make bunnies: Pipe small dollop frosting onto miniature chocolate chips for eyes and heart-shaped sprinkle for mouth; press into coconut. Cut large marshmallows in half crosswise; cut each in half again for bunny ears. Dip one end of each bunny ear into frosting; place ears on sides of head. Pipe small dollop of frosting on pink miniature marshmallows for tail.