Easiest-Ever Russian Tea Cakes
Have a ball—a snowball, that is—with these delicious five-ingredient Christmas cookies. Our version of this classic cookie takes a shortcut with refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough. Add in pecans and vanilla, then roll in icing sugar for a sweet treat that’s as special as a snow day at home.
- 1 roll (468 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour, pecans and vanilla until well blended. (DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH AFTER COMBINING WITH FLOUR.)
- Shape dough into 54 (1-inch) balls. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheets. Cool 1 minute on cooling rack.
- Roll warm cookies in icing sugar; place on cooling rack. Roll in icing sugar again.
- Make these cookies even more special by toasting the pecans: Spread nuts in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 350°F (180°C) 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown.