- 1 package Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 5 cups fresh blueberries or 5 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 400°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In large bowl, mix blueberries, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the tapioca and lemon juice. Spoon into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust. Brush top crust with milk; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Place foil or baking sheet on oven rack below middle rack to catch any spills. Place pie on middle oven rack. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. After 30 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Cool at least 2 hours before serving. Serve warm or cold.