Double Berry Slab Pie
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 3 hr 15 min
This fruity slab pie, filled with strawberries and raspberries, is an irresistible summer dessert!
- 2 packages Pillsbury™ refrigerated Pie Crusts, softened as directed on package
- 5 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Remove 2 of the pie crusts from pouches. On lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other. Roll to 17x12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing firmly into corners and sides. Do not trim pie crust edges.
- In large bowl, mix strawberries, raspberries, 1 cup sugar, the cornstarch and lemon juice with spoon until well blended. Spoon into crust-lined pan.
- Unroll and stack remaining 2 pie crusts on lightly floured surface. Roll to 17x12-inch rectangle. Place on top of strawberry mixture. Pinch edges of crusts together to seal, tucking under extra crust, if necessary. Flute or crimp edges. Cut several slits in top crust; brush with milk, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 2 hours. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Serve with ice cream. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
- For a sweet look, use a small heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out six hearts from top crust while still on floured surface, before topping with fruit mixture.
- You can use cooking parchment paper or waxed paper to roll out the dough for easier cleanup.