Don't Panic Tuna Confetti Wreath
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 40 min
When you get a phone call that unexpected company are on their way and you notice it's lunch time ... don't panic. Serve with a crisp green salad, and you have a quick impromptu lunch for 4.
- 1 can (170 g) flaked tuna, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup whipped salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds (slivered or sliced)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (235 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescents (8 count)
- 1 tablespoon slivered or sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, combine tuna, cheese, salad dressing, celery, green onions, toasted almonds, cranberries, dill weed and pepper.
- Unroll dough and separate along the perforations into 8 triangles. Arrange triangles on the baking sheet in a sunburst shape overlapping slightly. Spoon the tuna mixture in a circle around the middle. Fold the points in to cover the filling leaving a small space between each so the topping shows through.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough with almonds.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Sprinkle the cooked wreath with chopped fresh parsley for a pop of colour.
- Leftover cooked chicken or turkey makes a nice substitute for the tuna.
- When toasting nuts, don’t walk away and tend to other tasks. They burn quickly, and by the time you smell them, it’s too late!
- Pillsbury™ Baking Challenge Grand Prize Winner: Dianne Gardner, Calgary, Alberta