Deluxe Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs
Prep Time: 45 min
Total Time: 1 hr 50 min
Loaded with cream cheese and sprinkles, iced with a quick homemade marshmallow buttercream frosting, and decorated with all kinds of candy, these holiday-shaped sugar cookies will soon become a favourite.
- 1 roll (468 g) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough
- 85 g (one-third of 250 g package) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla
- 1/4 cup red, white and green candy sprinkles
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups marshmallow creme
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. In large bowl, break up dough. Add cream cheese, flour and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract; stir with spoon or hands until well blended. (DO NOT EAT RAW COOKIE DOUGH AFTER COMBINING WITH FLOUR.) Add sprinkles; stir into dough until well blended. Generously flour work surface. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on work surface. Cut out desired shapes using floured 2- to 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat softened butter, marshmallow creme and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract until well blended. Beat in icing sugar until smooth and creamy. Frost cooled cookies. Decorate as desired.
- Looking for chocolate in your cookie? Substitute miniature chocolate chips for the sprinkles.